Event: Demonstrations are scheduled to take place throughout Venezuela on May 11 and may continue in the following days.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. citizens should avoid demonstrations and large gatherings.
- Monitor local news media for updates.
- Make preparations for possible electrical, internet, and water outages. These may affect ability to access goods, as well as emergency medical services.
If you are a U.S. citizen or are concerned about a U.S. citizen in Venezuela, you may contact the Department of State through one of the following ways:
- Email VenezuelaEmergencyUSC@state.gov and provide as much information as possible (at a minimum, please provide the full name, gender, and last known location of the U.S. citizen); or
- Call us at 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. & Canada), +1-202-501-4444 (from Overseas).
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) (https://step.state.gov/step) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook