Event: Demonstrations are scheduled to take place throughout Venezuela on March 12 and may continue in the following days. The movement of U.S. government personnel will be restricted to the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the area of demonstrations and large gatherings. U.S. citizens should also avoid demonstrations and large gatherings.
- Monitor local news media via radio for updates. However, due to power outages, local news coverage may be limited and/or incomplete.
- U.S. Embassy, Venezuela
https://ve.usembassy.gov/For all inquiries about ACS services email email@example.com or call +58 (212) 975-6411 between the hours of 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except U.S. and Venezuelan holidays.
For emergency assistance after hours call +58 (212) 907-8400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook