Event: Demonstrations are scheduled to take place throughout Venezuela on January 23, and may continue throughout the week. The U.S. Embassy will maintain normal business hours and will receive any U.S. citizens needing emergency services. However, the movement of U.S. government personnel will be restricted to the following neighborhoods in Caracas: Valle Arriba, Sante Fe, and Las Mercedes.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the area of any demonstration and large gatherings. U.S. citizens should also avoid demonstrations and large gatherings.
- Monitor local news media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy, Venezuela
For all inquiries about ACS services email email@example.com or call +58 (212) 975-6411 between the hours of 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except U.S. and Venezuelan holidays.
For emergency assistance after hours call +58 (212) 907-8400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Venezuela country information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.