FULBRIGHT FOREIGN STUDENT PROGRAM
The Venezuela Affairs Unit usually recruits for this program in June.
The 2021-2022 Fulbright Foreign Student Program aims to bring successful graduate students, young professionals, and artists to the United States for educational development, leadership learning, and cultural exchange. Selected candidates must commit to return to Venezuela and share the expertise they gained during their program in the United States. For more information please visit https://ve.usembassy.gov/es/education-culture-es/ or https://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/
The scholarships are awarded based on candidates academic merits, regardless of political, religious affiliation, gender, or creed.
This year we will focus on supporting: Agriculture, Agronomy/Crop Science, Fisheries, Food Science, Nutrition, Education, Agricultural/Biosystems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Medical Sciences, Public Health, Environmental Science & Ecology, Statistics, Public Administration/Public Policy, Economics, International Relations Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Energy, Information Science, Journalism, Social Work, Telecommunications, Urban and Regional Planning to help create better jobs in Venezuela.
People who meet all these requirements are eligible:
- Hold an undergraduate academic degree
- Venezuelan citizen who resides in Venezuela
- Have an intermediate-advanced level of English: TOEFL (IBT) test with a minimum score of 80 (IBT). A score of 100 (IBT) is recommended for greater competitiveness
- Have a minimum of 2 years of full-time professional experience related to the academic field
- Priority will be given to candidates who have minimal experience in the United States
- Be eligible for a J1 visa
- Commit to return to Venezuela for two years at the end of studies in the U.S. to multiply its impact from your field of work
This is a highly competitive program so candidates who do not meet all these requirements will not be considered.
- Have previously obtained the Fulbright Scholarship
- Have an academic degree or professional degree obtained in the United States or who have studied in the United States for one academic year
- Are admitted to a U.S. university at the time of applying
- Do not reside in Venezuela at the time of applying
- Those who have had a long academic or professional experience in the United States.
- Are Dual United States citizens or persons with Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status in the United States
- Are Employees or family members (including spouses) of the United States Department of State
Candidates who meet all the requirements must submit their application through the online platform. If the original document is in Spanish, it must be accompanied by a simple translation. Note: certified translated documents will be required later for selected candidates.
The program offers
Coverage of the designated university tuition, maintenance and health insurance, coverage of the expenses of the TOEFL test of the English language proficiency and GRE test, air ticket from the city of origin to the United States and back, exchange visa process of type J1.
Documents required for online application:
- Copy of a valid Venezuelan passport
- Letter of interest in English
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Certified copy of the bachelor’s degree / B.A./ B.S./ Master’s or graduation certificate with simple English translation (selected candidates will then be asked to provide documents translated into English by a certified translator)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Notes / B.A./ B.S / Master’s Degree with Simple English Translation (selected candidates will then be asked for documents translated into English by certified translator)
- Three letters of recommendation in English, may be a letter from the current employer, other academic or work references, from a colleague or former supervisor. With simple English translation (the selected candidates will then be asked for documents translated into English by a certified translator)
- TOEFL / IELTS / GRE test result taken in the last 2 years (if you have it available).
For more information contact us at: VAUCultural@state.gov