The English Access Microscholarship Program provides two years of afterschool English to academically-gifted teenagers whose family would not usually have the means to afford the costs of a language institute. It is a social responsible public-private partnership that offers the opportunity to learn English through American culture and values.
Teachers can arrange an observation visit to any of the sites.
Currently the Access Program is available at the Binational Centers in Venezuela.
Who can apply
Students with an excellent academic record who:
- Are 13 to 18 years old
- live in the areas where the program exists
- show leadership skills
- are interested in learning English
- have little to no knowledge of English language
- can provide supports to a low socioeconomic status
To apply, please visit the following Binational centers:
- CVA de Las Mercedes, Caracas – https://cvalasmercedes.wordpress.com/
- CVA Centro, Caracas – http://www.cvadelcentro.com
- CEVAM Mérida – http://www.cevam.org/
- CEVAZ La Limpia, Cabimas y Maracaibo – http://www.cevaz.org/
- Application Form – Download (PDF 133KB)
- Copy of applicant identification (cédula)
- Copy of parents identification (cédula)
- Copy of the last report card
- Recommendation letter from a teacher or tutor
Candidates are considered based on merits.
Selection process is performed at the Binational Centers.
How to be a partner
Once a year, the US Embassy in Caracas calls for an open bid. Language schools, Teachers Associations, NGOs and Universities are invited to participate.
If you are interested in hosting or contributing to the Access program, please send an email to CaracasELC@state.gov requesting information.