The Venezuela Affairs Unit usually recruits for this program in March.
The Fulbright program administered by LASPAU offers the opportunity for graduate studies or scientific research in the United States. The Fulbright Program aims to bring successful professionals to the United States for a professional development, leadership learning, and cultural exchange experience. The selected candidates must commit to return to Venezuela as expert leaders in their professional area. More information: https://www.laspau.harvard.edu/fulbright
- Have an undergraduate university academic degree
- Venezuelan citizen who resides in Venezuela
- Have an intermediate-advanced level of English
- Have a minimum of 2 years of full-time professional experience related to the academic degree
- Not have attended a graduate program in the United States for one academic year or more
- Not have dual U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status in the United States
- Not be an employee of the United States Department of State or be an immediate family member of an employee (including spouses)
The program offers
Coverage of the designated university tuition, maintenance and health insurance, coverage of the expenses of the TOEFL test of the English language and GRE test, air ticket from the city of origin to the United States and back, exchange visa process of type J1.
Documents required for online application:
- Copy of a valid Venezuelan passport
- Letter of interest in English (essay from 500 to 1000 words)
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Certified copy of the bachelor’s degree / B.A./ B.S./ Master’s or graduation certificate (if pre-selected, it will be requested translated documents into English by a certified translator)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Notes / B.A./ B. S / Master’s (if pre-selected, it will be requested translated into English by a certified translator)
- Three letters of recommendation in English or translated by a certified translator (may be letter from current employer, other academic or job references, from a colleague or former supervisor)
- TOEFL / IELTS test results taken in the last 2 years (if you have it available).
For more information contact us at: VAUCultural@fan.gov