Location: Confirmed cases of measles have been reported in the following Venezuelan states:
- Bolivar (especially the Municipality of Caroni)
- Capital District (Caracas)
- Delta Amacuro
Event: Venezuela is experiencing a measles outbreak.
Actions to Take:
- Review your health records with your medical provider to ensure you are properly vaccinated.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control information page on measles.
- U.S. Embassy, Caracas, Venezuela https://ve.usembassy.gov/
For all inquiries about ACS services email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +58 (212) 975-6411 between the hours of 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except American and Venezuelan holidays.
For emergency assistance after hours call +58 (212) 907-8400
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Country Specific Information for Venezuela.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.