HUBERT HUMPHREY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2023-2024
CLOSING DATE: 9/09/2022
Information in spanish: https://ve.usembassy.gov/es/hubert-humphrey-fellowship-program/
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program began in 1978, endorsed by the United States Department of State and belongs to the Fulbright exchange scholarship family. The Humphrey Program aims to bring successful professionals with professional experience to the United States for one year, for an experience of academic-professional development, leadership and professional collaboration. As an academic-professional exchange program, it does not lead to an academic degree.
Candidates for this program must have an outstanding professional career and substantial experience in their field, in addition to a high capacity for leadership and social commitment.
In the framework of this program, the scholarship holders will be able to take courses at the postgraduate level and carry out other activities that contribute to their training and experience in areas relevant to their profile and professional interest. The university will be assigned to each scholarship holder according to the area of study in which their application is framed. The program closes with a six (6) week professional internship, which will give the fellow work and relationship experience in American society.
Once the program is finished, the beneficiary will have the obligation to return to Venezuela for at least two (2) years, to share and apply the knowledge acquired in the United States. More information: https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/
Application areas: the Humphrey program offers opportunities in the following fields:
- Rural and Agricultural Development
- Economic development
- Banking and finances
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policies and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Communication and Journalism
- Human Rights and Law
- Freedom of religion
- Analysis of Public Policies and Public Administration
- Prevention and Policies of Human Trafficking
- Technology Policy Management
- Human Resources Management
- Educational Planning, Policies and Administration
- Administration in University Education
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Management of Public Health Policies
- Prevention and Policies in HIV / AIDS
- Education, Treatment and Prevention of Substance Abuse
- Infectious diseases
- Candidate Profile
- Have an undergraduate and / or postgraduate university academic degree
- Venezuelan citizen who resides in Venezuela
- Have an intermediate-advanced level of English: on the TOEFL (IBT) test with a minimum score of 71. Note: Eligible candidates with a score between 42-61 (IBT), can be selected to take an English course before the start of the program
- Have a minimum of 5 years of full-time professional experience related to the academic degree obtained prior to the year 2021
- Have leadership skills and experience in public and /or social service (volunteering)
People who meet the following criteria are not eligible for this program:
- Have attended a graduate program in the United States for one academic year or more
- Have dual US citizenship or permanent resident status in the United States
- People with experience in the United States of any type of more than 6 months during the 5 years prior to August 2021
- Be an employee of the United States Department of State or be an immediate family member of an employee (including spouses)
- To be professors, scientists or researchers without responsibilities of direction, coordination or leadership of a work team. Except for English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers and Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment specialists
The program offers
Coverage of the designated university tuition, maintenance and health insurance, coverage of the expenses of the TOEFL test for the English language proficiency, air ticket from the city of origin to the United States and back, process of exchange visa of type J1.
Documents required for online application:
- Copy of a valid Venezuelan passport
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Certified copy of bachelor’s degree / B.A./ B.S./ Master’s or certificate translated into English by certified translator
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Notes / B.A./ B. S / Master’s degree translated into English by certified translator
- Two letters of recommendation: in English or translated by a certified translator. A letter from the current employer and another job reference from a colleague or former supervisor.
- TOEFL / IELTS test result taken in the last 2 years (if you have it available).
- For more information contact us at: VAUCultural@state.gov