Event: COVID 19 in Venezuela
We continue to explore all options to address the current travel disruptions and assist U.S. citizens in Venezuela. U.S. citizens in Venezuela who wish to depart should remain vigilant of changes in commercial flight availability, but should also be prepared to stay in place during the cessation of international flights from Venezuela.
The Maduro regime suspended all international travel into and out of Venezuela until April 13. If we become aware of any commercial flights leaving Venezuela, we will provide that information to STEP enrollees and on social media as quickly as possible. Please bear in mind that with no U.S. diplomatic personnel in Venezuela since March 2019, we may not be able to provide this information with much advance notice.
In the unlikely event that evacuation flights become available and you would like to be considered for such flights, please register your interest by filling out this form https://rebrand.ly/VNZrepat as soon as possible. If you have already called the U.S. Embassy in Bogota to express interest in departing Venezuela, you do not need to fill out the form. If you have only contacted the U.S. Embassy in Bogota by email, please fill out the form so we have complete contact information. U.S.-Venezuela dual nationals should also indicate if they have a valid Venezuelan passport.
Please continue to monitor the Embassy website and social media accounts for the latest information.
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program:
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to receive emergency messages. To enroll in STEP, visit https://step.state.gov/.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Venezuela.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
After-hours emergencies +57-1-275-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444