Event: Demonstrations are scheduled to take place throughout Venezuela on April 6 and may continue in the following days. Due to continued problems with the national electricity grid, much of Venezuela continues to experience electrical outages. Public water supplies, cell phone networks, and the internet are affected. Additionally, many hospitals are unable to provide emergency services due to current conditions.
Actions to Take:
- Depart while commercial flights are available.
- If choosing to stay, ensure you have adequate supplies to shelter in place;
- Avoid demonstrations and large gatherings;
- Monitor local media for updates;
- Review personal security plans;
- Remain aware of surroundings;
- Review complete Travel Advisory for Venezuela; and
- For further information, visit Venezuela Unrest Information page on State.Gov.
If you are a U.S. citizen or are concerned about a U.S. citizen in Venezuela, you may contact the Department of State through one of the following ways:
- Visit Task Force Alertand select “2019 Venezuela Unrest”; or
- Email VenezuelaEmergencyUSC@state.gov and provide as much information as possible (at a minimum, please provide the full name, gender, and last known location of the U.S. citizen); or
- Callus at 1-888-407-4747 (from the U.S. & Canada), +1-202-501-4444 (from Overseas).
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)(https://step.state.gov/step) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.