August 5, 2018
Event: Incident at Bolivarian National Guard Ceremony on August 4, 2018.
Actions to Take:
- The shelter in place restriction on U.S. government personnel has been lifted. However, U.S. government personnel are instructed to remain in the immediate area around their housing out of an abundance of caution.
- U.S. citizens are advised to also remain close to their homes or other secure shelter.
- Keep a low profile.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy, Caracas, Venezuela
For all inquiries about ACS services email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +58 (212) 975-6411 between the hours of 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except U.S. and Venezuelan holidays.
For emergency assistance after hours call +58 (212) 907-8400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)(https://step.state.gov/step) to receive security updates.