Event: On January 24, 2019, the State Department ordered non-emergency U.S. government employees to depart Venezuela. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in Venezuela. U.S. citizens should contact U.S. Embassy Caracas for consular assistance. U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Venezuela should strongly consider departing Venezuela. Commercial flights remain available.
Actions to Take:
- Consider departing while commercial flights are available.
- If choosing to stay, ensure you have adequate supplies to shelter in place.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Review personal security plans
- Remain aware of surroundings
- U.S. Embassy, Venezuela
For all inquiries about ACS services email email@example.com or call +58 (212) 975-6411 between the hours of 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except U.S. and Venezuelan holidays.
For emergency assistance after hours call +58 (212) 907-8400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Venezuela country information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.