U.S. Embassy Caracas reminds all U.S. citizens of the continued criminal threat in and around Caracas. The recent death of a member of the American community in Caracas demonstrates that Venezuela remains one of the most dangerous countries in the world. Criminals target the more affluent areas of Caracas as well – including those areas where many U.S. citizens reside or regularly visit.
We strongly suggest that all U.S. citizens review their personal security awareness and maintain a heightened state of alert in Caracas and throughout Venezuela.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Venezuela.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Venezuela, located at Calle F con Calle Surapure, Lomas de Valle Arriba, at +58 212-975-6411 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 0212-907-8400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.