U.S. Embassy Caracas reminds all U.S. citizens of the continued criminal threat in and around Caracas, to include popular public venues frequented by U.S. citizens. Within the past two weeks, heavily armed criminals used grenades and assault rifles to carry out crimes at banks, shopping malls, public transportation stations, and universities. We strongly suggest that all U.S. citizens review their personal security awareness and maintain a heightened state of alert in Caracas and throughout Venezuela. We will continue to monitor criminal activity and update the community as necessary.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Venezuela.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Venezuela, located at Calle F con Calle Surapure, Lomas de Valle Arriba, at +58 212-975-6411 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 0212-907-8400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.