Embassy Caracas advises U.S. citizens visiting and living in Caracas of a student-led opposition march that will take place Saturday November 21st, beginning at 10:00 a.m., in La Avenida Francisco de Miranda, near Francisco Miranda Park, and proceeding to Chacao Metro station via AvenidaVenezuela in El Rosal. Expect traffic disruptions and police presence in and around this location.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Venezuela.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Venezuela, located at Calle F con Calle Surapure, Lomas de Valle Arriba, at +58 212-975-6411 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 0212-907-8400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.