The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Caracas is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
To contact a customer service representative, please visit the GSS Contact Us page for full information or use contact information below:
If you have further questions regarding the visa process, please send us an e-mail: Support-Venezuela@ustraveldocs.com
If you have questions regarding an specific existing visa case or if your question involves administrative processing, please send us an email to: CaracasNIV@state.gov
If your visa is approved and you want to know the status of your passport, please go to the Visa Information Center Status check page.
Lost or stolen passport information.
If your passport containing a U.S. visa is lost or stolen, please take the following steps:
1. File a report with the police in the jurisdiction where the passport was lost or stolen.
2. Send us an to CaracasVisaReport@state.gov with a copy of the police report and the following information:
– Last and first names as they appeared on your passport
– Date of birth
– National Identification Number (Cédula de Identidad)
– The number of the passport that was lost or stolen
– A phone number and e-mail address that we can use to contact you
You will need to apply for a new visa, starting the process from scratch, if you wish to travel to the United States.
Please note that the Embassy cannot reactivate visas reported lost or stolen. If you recover the passport with the U.S. visa you previously reported lost or stolen, you will not be able to use that visa – trying to do so could result in serious legal consequences.