Location: Northwest coastline
Event: There is a tropical storm developing in the Caribbean. Strong winds and heavy rain are expected. The storm may make landfall in Venezuela on June 30.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to Colombia’s northern coast, San Andres, and Providencia until the storm has dissipated.
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
Tel. +57-1-275-2000 or 601-275-2000
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter